Friday, June 26, 2009

sadness





Thursday June 25th life given and life taken away bringing many people together. Two Icons that touched so many lives during their brief time on earth went gently into the night ... Nobody knows what these icons last conscious thought was--I wonder if they were thinking of anything? Fear? Shame? Grief? Relief? Like a picture in a frame time stood still for two special individuals while they took two steps backwards into the dream. Like sand through the hour glass ... so are the days of our lives many of us grew up hearing that phrase at least once or twice a week. If you were a fan of the soap opera or simply channel surfing during the exact time that this opening monologue was being air. Did the words sink in? Did the thought have any impact on your idea of how many more grains of sand before your time is up? The words were intriguing, I knew that what was being said was profound but I didn't really get it until I got a little older. After the storms of life swept away too many of my personal icons. The finality of life -- Death a shadow reclaiming the light.
I avoid the news **cause it's usually all bad news any hoo** but when I flipped open my notebook, there it was on each opening home page on the net;Farah Fawcett had succumbed to her battle with Cancer. Before I could form the question in my head who'll be the third? A day before Ed Mcman (sp) passed away--and call me superstitious but death comes in three--It seems that each time a celebrity dies it is a triple incident. This theory holds true for us ordinary folks too but who's watching? In this blog which took several hours for me to sit down and formulate a thought on something that I didn't want to think about--the death of two people that entertained me and huge parts of the world for more than forty years is now gone from our sight in human form but for many of us that have experienced the phenomenon tf death; we know that the memories are what brings a smile to our face; causes a flutter in our hearts and stomachs--reasurring us that we had experienced something wonderful with a wonderful (flawed--yea, we are all flawed in some way!) human being. And since I am fickled and I find myself straddled on a fence about the totally relative concept of life after death. The abstract ambiguity of what happens after death--I've decided to continue wondering about the relative, abstract and ambiguity of those still standing--those with a light no matter how bright or dim ...

Here's my plug for the purchase of:

familiar Echo's

by
Evan Hawkins

ISBN 9781438919126 (sc)
ISBN 9781438974880 (hc)

Available at authorhouse.com, amazon.com, Barnes and Nobles, Borders, 1-800 839-8640 and a small book store near YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment